Children & Education Activities
COVID 19 UPDATE: The health, safety, and well-being of our staff and visitors is our top priority. Education programming at Lake Laurentian Conservation Area is temporarily suspended. Please contact email@example.com or 705-674-5249 ext. 200 if you have any additional questions.
'Millie' (above photo) was at Lake Laurentian Conservation Area on Friday, October 4th, 2013 when a school group from Algonquin P.S. visited. Millie spoke to the children about the Fast Flowing Water program.
- Hands on learning opportunities provided for children and adults.
- Outdoor experience where people learn about the natural environment.
- More awareness of the value of environmental protection and stewardship.
- Students and the general public become good environmental citizens with strong Conservation ethics.
- Our natural environment.
- Local economy benefits from tourism opportunities.
- Local citizens and community groups enjoy access to the various opportunities available
- Community environmental groups; hiking clubs; ski clubs.
- Students and educators from elementary, secondary and post-secondary institutions.
- Private landowners.
- Municipalities benefit by having an involved and informed population.